Monday, December 17, 2012

Remembering Lolito 1928-2012

This week I am in Vancouver , helping prepare for my grandfather's (lolito) funeral. He passed away to be with our Lord on the night of December 11, 2012.
Part of my responsibilities since arriving in BC on the 13th, have been to look after the multi-media aspect of my grandfather's memorial service, including producing an end-of-life video to be played in front of all family and friends at the final church service scheduled for December 20th... Since arriving, I have been coordinating with all family members, looking through picture albums and old video cameras to gather photos of my lolito's 7 children and 26 grandchildren throughout the years. I am filming all 7 children sharing their "best memories" of lolito. My family and I are also going to church everyday to attend scheduled prayer/worship services, leading up to my grandfather's funeral this week.  Its a busy time.  On Dec. 25, we get together again for Christmas. It's then my birthday on the 28th, and I join my family one more time for New Year on Jan 1st, before heading back to Toronto Pearson and Barrie on the 2nd, and back on the air at Life 100.3 on Jan 3rd.
For this blog post, I thought Id share a couple of photos I am including in the production of my lolito's memorial video, which I am using this week. Below is a copy of my grandparent's wedding back in 1952, and a copy of a prayer for my lolito that my family put together. One of the nicest final memories I had of lolito, was the time he asked me : when my friends and I were coming to visit their condo and use their swimming pool... I remember standing in front of their condo building, after having helped unbuckle his seatbelt in the car, and I said next time I visit Id go, and he said we were always welcome to use it... although sadly, that day never came.  Maybe over he next week, I can try to make a point to have a swim. :) See you back in town on Jan 3rd... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment